Four couples decided to go camping to the state forest one weekend. Each couple traveled in a different van and each chose a separate camping spot. The camping sites were all labeled with a space number and while they were in the same area, the sites were not touching.
Determine the full name of each couple, the color of their van, and the number of their camping space.
1. Bill, who is not married to Laura, didn't drive a black van.
2. Chuck and his wife Brenda were not camped in space #35. Brenda's last name is not Forrest.
3. The Lewis couple, who drove a tan van, camped in space #31.
4. Tom camped in a space numbered lower than the one Cindy camped in but higher than the couple who drove in the red van did.
5. Tom isn't married to Mary Tread. Steve Branch didn't drive a blue van.
6. The couple driving the black van camped in space #43.
Husband Names: Bill, Chuck, Tom and Steve.
Wife Names: Laura, Brenda, Cindy, Mary
Last Names: Forrest, Lewis, Tread, Branch
Van Colors: black, tan, red, blue
Spaces: #35, 31, 43, and 29.
I'm posting one puzzle, riddle, math, or statistical problem a day. Try to answer each one and post your answers in the comments section. I'll post the answer the next day. Even if you have the same answer as someone else, feel free to put up your answer, too!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Labels: logic puzzle
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Chuck & Brenda Lewis drove the tan van in 31ReplyDelete
Tom & Laura Forrest drove the blue van in 35
Bill & Mary Tread drove the red van in 29
Steve & Cindy Branch drove the black van in 43