Joseph and his 3 brothers are big fans of the local football team, so they were thrilled to win tickets. The boys wore their favorite jerseys, each a different color, to the game and sat together in 4 seats in a row. Each boy visited the concession stand during a different quarter of the game and bought a different snack from that of his brothers. Use the clues and table below to determine the order in which the boys sat, the colors of their shirts, the quarter in which each boy bought his snack, and what snack each boy bought.
1. The 4 boys are Noah, the red-shirted one, the one who got a snack during the first quarter, and the one who bought a hot dog.
2. The fan who bought a snack during the 2nd quarter sat between the fans who bought popcorn and nachos.
3. Daniel sat next to both the fan who bought a hot dog and the one who visited the concession stand in the first quarter.
4. The green-shirted fan sat to the left of Stephen, who did not sit next to the popcorn muncher.
5. The blue-shirted fan sat next to both the red-shirted and yellow-shirted fans.
6. One boy got pizza in the 4th quarter.
I'm posting one puzzle, riddle, math, or statistical problem a day. Try to answer each one and post your answers in the comments section. I'll post the answer the next day. Even if you have the same answer as someone else, feel free to put up your answer, too!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Labels: logic puzzle
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Daniel, red-shirted, bought the popcorn @ 3rd qtr;ReplyDelete
Joseph, blue shirted, bought hotdog @ 2nd qtr;
Stephen, yellow-shirted, bought nachos @ 1st qtr;
Noah, green-shirted, bought pizza @ 4th qtr
Looks like a good answer to me MyMy.ReplyDelete
Did I get it right? :)ReplyDelete
Joseph, Daniel, Stephen, NoahReplyDelete
Popcorn, Pizza, Hot Dog, Nachos
in the quarters:
1, 4, 2, 3
and were wearing:
Green, Red, Blue, Yellow.
Those are wrong, but close.ReplyDelete
mike is rightReplyDelete
look right to meReplyDelete
that was hard for me. i kept thinking dan and the pizza in 4Q were separate.ReplyDelete
finally got it though :)