- No driver had the same nationality as the manufacturer of his car.
- The Toyota finished somewhere behind the Fiat.
- The driver of the Chevy had to stop and change a flat tire.
- The Italian won the race.
- Car #3 did not finish in the top two places.
- No car finished in a place corresponding to its number.
- The driver of #3 was 2 years older than the Fiat driver.
- The driver who finished 4th was bigger than the American.
- The Chevy finished last.
- The driver of #2 was older than the American, but younger than the driver of the VW.
- The American was not driving car #4.
- The Englishman finished ahead of these three different cars: the Fiat, the Chevy, and the car labeled #1.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Five drivers--an American, Englishman, German, Italian, and a Japanese-- decided to have a race. Their cars, not necessarily in order, were: a Toyota, Volkswagen, Fiat, Triumph, and a Chevy. They had their cars numbered #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5. From the following clues, determine the order of finish and which driver was driving in which car.