- "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale / A tale of a fateful trip."
- "Here's the story / Of a lovely lady / Who's bringing up three very lovely girls."
- "I'll bet we've been together for a million years. / And I'll bet we'll be together for a million more. / It's like I started breathing on the nite we kissed, / And I can't remember what I ever did before."
- "Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got; / Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot. / Wouldn't you like to get away?"
- "Boy, the way Glenn Miller played / Songs that made the hit parade / Guys like us we had it made. / Those were the days."
- "Got a call from an old friend we used to be real close. / Said he couldn't go on the American way. / Closed the shop, sold the house / Bought a ticket to the West Coast / Now he gives them a stand-up routine in L.A."
- "All this energy callin' me back where it comes from / It's such a crude attitude, it's back where it belongs."
- "What ever happened to predictability? / The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV. / How did I get to livin' here? / Somebody tell me, please."
- "What would you do if I sang out of tune? / Would you stand up and walk out on me? / Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song / I will try not to sing out of key."
- "I know my parents love me, / Stand behind me come what may. / I know now that I'm ready, / Because I finally heard them say..."
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Let's bring back some memories.