Six people live in six houses along Oak Street that runs East/West. Can you determine the color of each house and in which house each person lives in, plus the order they are located from West to East?
House colors: gray, white, blue, red, brown, yellow
There are 3 women: Lily, Doreen, Kayla,
And there are 3 men: Brian, Dirk, Tom
1. Dirk lives in the house farthest to the East.
2. Neither the brown or white house is at either end.
3. Lily lives west of Doreen, Tom and Brian.
4. The red house is located at the far West end.
5. Girls live in both of the houses located in the center of the street.
6. Boys live in the white and yellow houses but a girl lives in the brown.
7. The gray house is just west of the brown house, which is just west of the yellow house.
8. Kayla has just two people that live east of her; Dirk and Brian.
9. The white house is located toward the west end of the street.
I'm posting one puzzle, riddle, math, or statistical problem a day. Try to answer each one and post your answers in the comments section. I'll post the answer the next day. Even if you have the same answer as someone else, feel free to put up your answer, too!
Friday, February 02, 2007
Labels: logic puzzle
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
From West to EastReplyDelete
Lily – red
Tom – white
Doreen – gray
Kayla – brown
Brian – yellow
Dirk – blue
Good job, Tamara, I concurr.ReplyDelete
As do I. Good job Tamara!ReplyDelete
West to East:
1st house: Lily - red
2nd house: Tom - white
3rd house: Doreen - gray
4th house: Kayla - brown
5th house: Brian - yellow
Last house: Dirk - blue