- the two-toed sloth
- the chow chow
- the hyoid bone
- negative 40 degrees
- the pyramids
- Midnight Cowboy
I'm posting one puzzle, riddle, math, or statistical problem a day. Try to answer each one and post your answers in the comments section. I'll post the answer the next day. Even if you have the same answer as someone else, feel free to put up your answer, too!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
What's so unique about the following items? For instance, President James Buchanan was the only bachelor president of the United States.
Posted by Unknown at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Although I'm sure there are other unique aspects to these animals, places and things, here's what I've got.ReplyDelete
1) The two-toed sloth is the only land mammel besides man that mates face to face.
2) The chow chow is the only dog with a black tongue.
3) The hyoid bone, which supports the tongue, is the only bone in the human body that doesn't touch another bone.
4) Mercury is the only metal that's a liquid at room temperature.
5) Negative 40 degrees is the only temperature where Fahrenheit and Celsius thermometers read the same.
6) Kahoolawe is the only uninhabited Hawaiian island.
7) The pyramids are only one of the seven wonders of the ancient world still standing.
8) Midnight Cowboy is the only X-rated film to win the Academy Award for best picture.
9) Nepal is the only country with a nonrectangular flag.
10) Libya is the only country with a single-color flag.
11) Ohio is the only state with a nonrectangular flag.