Five young people are working over the summer. Each one is working hard towards their own goal. Using the clues, find out how many each makes per hour, how much each has earned and what their goal is. Keep in mind they have a last name and surname.
1. Dylan has earned the most so far, even though he earns the least per hour.
2. Carson has worked 19 hours, 23 less than Wills.
3. Gray makes $4.75 and has worked 35 hours so far. She's saving for a bicycle.
4. The person saving for a computer (not Amelia or Ellis) earns $5.25 per hour and has earned $99.75 so far.
5. The one saving for clothes is neither Elvin nor Jones.
6. Sands has worked 66 hours so far.
7. The person saving for college has worked 38 hours so far; the one saving for clothes has worked 42 hours.
First name: Amelia, Bobby, Carson, Dylan, Elvin
Last names: Ellis, Gray, Jones, Sands, Wills
Earn per hour: $4.00, $4.50, $4.75, $5.00, $5.25
Earnings: $99.75, $166.25, $189.00, $190.00, $190.00
Goals: bicycle, clothes, college, computer, trip
This puzzle was taken from Kurt Smith's logic book.
Post a Comment
Leave your answer or, if you want to post a question of your own, send me an e-mail. Look in the about section to find my e-mail address. If it's new, I'll post it soon.
Please don't leave spam or 'Awesome blog, come visit mine' messages. I'll delete them soon after.