At this year's Summerset Cat Club Show, five cats, each entered by a different owner and each a different breed, reached the best-in-show finals. Given the judges' decisions below, you should be able to decide the 1st-5th place awards in the event: the cat's name, breed, and owner.
1. Jan's cat placed ahead of the Cornish Rex cat, which finished higher in the competition than William Wallace Winston III.
2. Neither the Manx nor the Havana Brown breed in the finals is Snowball.
3. In the final judging, Bill's entry finished higher than the Russian Blue cat, which placed higher than Miss Muffet.
4. Snowball's finish was higher than that of the Turkish Van cat, which placed ahead of Erica's pride-and-joy.
5. Adam's cat is not a Manx.
6. Neither Bill nor Jan owns best-in-show finalist Frodo
7. Neither William Wallace Winston III nor Miss Muffet belongs to Erica.
8. Pericles placed one position ahead of Tony's cat, which isn't a Russian Blue.
The Cat names are Snowball, William Wallace Winston III, Frodo, Miss Muffet and Perciles.
The Cat types are Manx, Turkish Van, Havana Brown, Cornish Rex, and Russian Blue
The Cat owners are Bill, Jan, Erica, Tony and Adam.
I'm posting one puzzle, riddle, math, or statistical problem a day. Try to answer each one and post your answers in the comments section. I'll post the answer the next day. Even if you have the same answer as someone else, feel free to put up your answer, too!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Are You a Dog Person
Labels: logic puzzle
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
1st, Pericles, a Manx owned by JanReplyDelete
2nd, Snowball, a Cornish Rex owned by Tony
3rd, William Wallace Winston III, a Turkish Van owned by Bill
4th, Frodo, a Russian Blue owned by Erica
5th, Miss Muffet, a Havana Brown owned by Adam