- Colleagues: Bernard, Edward, Elsie, Shirley, Thora
- Answers: Balsam, Barely, Bindweed, Regatta, Silence.
- Numbers: 4 down, 8 across, 15 across, 15 down, 21 across.
- Order: First, second, third, fourth, fifth.
2. It was not Bernard who solved the clue to" Balsam", and Edward did not solve 4 down.
3. The answers to 15 across and 15 down did not have the same number of letters.
4. 'Silence', which was not the third word to be inserted, was the answer to an across clue, as was the fifth one to be worked out.
5. 'Barely' was the first word to be entered in the grid, but 'Bindweed' was not the second answer to be found.
6. Elsie's word was longer than Bernard's; Shirley was neither the first nor the last to come up with an answer.